School Innovation & Improvement Plan
Outcome goals for this academic school year
School Innovation and Improvement Plan At-a-Glance
Providence Elementary School
Dan Phillips, Principal
End of Year SMARTR Outcome #1
The number of students in grades 1-6 showing one year of growth will increase by 5% as measured by the WIDA, unadjusted SOL, iREADY, DRA, and/or a researched-based program as compared to the 2018-2019 grade level end of year data.
Goal for Grades 1-6: 638/761 = 84%
- Collaborative learning teams will plan weekly and quarterly to ensure that all students are receiving appropriate reading instruction.
- We will provide literacy opportunities and resources for students and families to use outside of school.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome #2
By June 2020, 62% of students with disabilities will pass the Mathematics SOL test measured by unadjusted SOL/VAAP scores.
Year 2018-19: 37/63 students passed = 59%
Year 2019-20: 43/70 students will pass = 62%
- Grade level and Special Education Teachers will focus on planning to address specific interventions to meet the needs of students with disabilities.
- Collaborative learning teams will have professional development on math concepts embedded into their weekly math planning meetings and at quarterly planning meetings.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome #3
By June 2020, the number of disciplinary referrals for interfering with learning in the classroom (Disruptions - DC3) will decrease by 10% compared to the 2018-19 school year.
- Develop revised school wide caring culture and behavior system.
Create a caring culture and build strong relationships between students and staff within the classroom.